I have teaching experience in the field of Media Accessibility and Interpreting, both academic and vocational training. As coordinator of OPEN, the Expertise Centre for Accessible Media & Culture of the University of Antwerp, I am involved in organising training events and workshops about accessible media and culture.
My teaching experience:
- Workshop with Gert Vercauteren entitled “No Roses without Thorns”, at Languages & the Media, Berlin, November 2012.
- One-day Workshop on audio description for the theatre at the Artesis University College, Antwerp: “Audiobeschrijving voor theater: all the world’s a stage”, 27/04/2013.
- Beginners workshop audio description for film at VSI Berlin, 2013.
- Note taking, Professional Ethics and Interpreting Studies in the Master Interpreting at the University of Antwerp.
- Subtitling in de Master in Translation at the University of Antwerp.
- Curriculum development as part of the ACT and ADLAB PRO projects.
- Guideline development for Transmedia Benelux and ADLAB.