I have teaching experience in the field of Media Accessibility and Interpreting, both academic and vocational training. As coordinator of OPEN, the Expertise Centre for Accessible Media & Culture of the University of Antwerp, I am involved in organising training events and workshops about accessible media and culture.
More information about my current teaching responsibilities at the University of Antwerp, can be found on my University profile page.
A selection of my (vocationa) teaching experience:
- Workshop with Gert Vercauteren entitled “No Roses without Thorns”, at Languages & the Media, Berlin, November 2012.
- One-day Workshop on audio description for the theatre at the Artesis University College, Antwerp: “Audiobeschrijving voor theater: all the world’s a stage”, 27/04/2013.
- Beginners workshop audio description for film at VSI Berlin, 2013.
- Note taking, Professional Ethics and Interpreting Studies in the Master Interpreting at the University of Antwerp.
- Subtitling in de Master in Translation at the University of Antwerp.
- Curriculum development as part of the ACT and ADLAB PRO projects.
- Guideline development for Transmedia Benelux and ADLAB.